Podiatric Resources for Missouri and IllinoisLearn more about common foot and ankle conditions
Dr. Barth has highlighted some additional websites that he considers trusted sources of information relating to foot and ankle care.
- American Podiatric Medical Association – The APMA is an organization representing the vast majority of the podiatrists practicing in the United States and is considered a leading resource for foot and ankle health information.
- American Board of Podiatry Surgery – The ABPS is a specialty board whose goal is to protect and improve the health and welfare of the public by the advancement of the art and science of podiatric surgery.
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons – The ACFAS is a professional society of over 6,000 foot and ankle surgeons which strives to promote the art and science of foot, ankle, and related lower extremity surgery.
- American Academy of Wound Management – The purpose of the AAWM is to establish and administer a certification process to elevate the standard of care across the continuum of wound management. The Academy is dedicated to an interdisciplinary approach in promoting prevention, care and treatment of acute and chronic wounds.
- American Diabetes Association – The American Diabetes Association’s goal is to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes. They fund research to prevent, cure and manage diabetes; deliver services to hundreds of communities; provide objective and credible information; and give voice to those denied their rights because of diabetes.
- Missouri Podiatrists – Search a directory by city or zip code to find information about podiatrists in Missouri.
- National Podiatrist Directory – PodiatristProfiles.com is an online directory of podiatrists that allows a patient to find a local foot doctor through a zip code search. Patients can research their local podiatrists as well as access a variety of foot and ankle health information.